It is time to recognize a few of my favorite people in the wide world of blogs! I cannot believe that eight
months have elapsed since my best blog friend, Kate Ringo Suzuki from Everyday Glamour, blessed me with the Stylish Blogger Award last December, but finally here we are... I am so excited to be able to use this award to acknowledge all of the fabulous people who continue to inspire me, and I hope that you know you are the top of the list, Kate! Thanks a million for your constant support from the very beginning of this site, your encouragement and positive attitude always inspire me, your friendship means the world to me, and you are one of my favorite writers.
Note that the lovely Leslie Rowlands from La Maison Fou kindly honored me with the same award a couple weeks later so I am now awarding it to thirty others instead of the standard fifteen. All right, so my list grew closer to forty once I made it... I am sticking to only ten facts though! Wait until you read them, you may be glad I limited myself thusly...
Thank you so much, Kate and Leslie, it is a distinct honor to be nominated by both of you!
Ten Facts About Me:
- I really want to be Lou Doillon but I Want To Be A Birkin Gainsbourg Doillon seemed awkward back in May 2009. I do use "Lou" as my Starbucks name, in tribute to both Mademoiselle Doillon and my beloved granny.
- One of my fondest artistic memories is addressing my family's Christmas cards each year. I learned calligraphy at an early age and my mother was more than happy to delegate this particular task to me.
- If I could change one of my physical features, it would be my feet.
- My favorite color is black.
- I love that my birthday falls on the Ides of March. Half lion, half lamb, definitely.
- I think schools should require students to recite poetry from memory in order to graduate. Song lyrics don't count. Maybe revive the McGuffey reader, too, those were the days...
- I borrowed Roots by Alex Haley from my elementary school library. Upon checkout, the librarian snorted derisively. "You'll never read that!" I don't know exactly how many times I renewed it, but I assure you that I read every word. Thanks, Jean! There is nothing I enjoy like a challenge. I also recommend it heartily as one of the most moving books I have ever read.
- I like to be alone. This used to concern me until I realized I am a writer.
- Language is my true love, followed closely by music and art. So I guess you could say summarily that expression is my true love. Succinct expression is my true love. There, phew!
- My fondest wish is for a role in a Godard film. Since we are wishing, specifically I want to play the part of Lou Doillon in her biopic as filmed by Godard, now we've come full circle.
And the blogs that I love are... drum roll please...
Kate Ringo Suzuki photo © 2011 Kate Ringo Suzuki. Leslie Rowlands photo © 2011 Leslie Rowlands. All Rights Reserved.